Inspired by the Evangelical Blog Awards, I have written out 7 Deadly Sins that 'evangelical bloggers' should avoid:
1. Using your blog to pimp your books or yourself as a conference speaker. The words “Click Here and Check Out Our MP3 Shopping Cart” should not be the first words to appear on your blog.
2. Using scary Armageddon fonts and color schemes.
3. Writing those old media things called “articles” rather than adapting to a shorter blog genre
4. Narrow-focusing on your spiritual life and avoiding your other areas of interest as REAL PEOPLE.
5. Claiming to blog on a particular interest and not staying on track.
6. Becoming just a news service for people without RSS. Hey, we bloggers are supposed to MAKE the news, not just tell it. Lets be more than journalists! Change the world and talk about it as you go.
7. Failing to offer comments on every post to enable self-accountability and the almighty LOOP.
Also check out Keith's 7 Commandments including. . .
6. Accept him whose blog is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters...Let us stop blogging judgment on one another... whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. (Ro 14 1-22)