Thanks everyone for your comments and prayers over the loss of my brother this week. I hope I can be there for you also in your dark valleys. Your comments on the last post are like flowers on his grave - much appreciated!
Well I have had some phone calls with the family in Australia. Here are pieces of news;
- Lewis, apparently, died of an accidental drug overdose. His body was found in a public toilet at a railway station. There were syringes, etc found with him. no reason to suspect suicide or foul play.
- Lewis's son is Alex, born in March this year, and the spitting image of Lewis. He is cared for by the mother of Lewis's ex-girlfriend, a lovely caring lady named Sue. Sue and her sister are organising the funeral. I guess i have more family than I knew about.
- Mum is doing a lot better. We talked. She said that she had been expecting it for a while, as did my sister Sarah. Actually, there have been a number of times when Lewis disappeared for years and we were surprised to hear of his reappearance.
- Dad, in a nursing home in QLD, is terribly upset. He gets to see Alex, his grandson, next week. He is eating again - thanks for your prayers.
- The funeral is still to be arranged - perhaps in a week or two. I am looking into flights.
- Bruce Stuart, my brother-in-law, is taking care of things on the Perth side, where my Mum and 2 sisters live. Bruce is not only my brother-in-law, but he is also the best grief counselor i have ever met. You remember that they were with us in Prague for a while. He is now running a counseling service in Perth for the business community - AccessCorporateCommunications.com, and has been hounded all year by a church to be their lead pastor - something that will probably happen in a few months. Anyway, its really nice to have Bruce there. Thanks!
- I am still deeply saddened, but at the same time, i am appreciating being in the Land of the Living, with my family and friends. And that includes you.