" . . . they are not called to do “cover versions” of other generation’s faith with their own spin. But they are called to be living theological communities who articulate and generate understandings of God, life and faith. " Doug Pagitt, Unraveling Emergent.
Emerging Churches, according to Doug:
- Strive to be positive about the future.
- Are committed to God in the way of Jesus.
- The Kingdom of God is a central conversation.
- They value communal life – living like family.
- They seek to live as missional communities.
- Friendship and hospitality are transformational pieces.
- They value theology.
Technorati Tags: emerging church