An invitation to a debate came in the mail yesterday from James Jacob Prasch of Moriel Ministries and I said I would post it on my blog. Here it is:
"Emergent Church/ For Moriel New Zealand web site please Inbox Jacob/Moriel
<firstname.lastname@example.org> to me, David, Jackie, Nigel, Carol
May 28 (21 hours ago)
From: Jacob/Moriel <email@example.com> Mailed-By: ntlworld.com
Cc: David Lister <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jackie Alnor <email@example.com>, Nigel Nicholson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Carol Champion <email@example.com>
Date: May 28, 2006 8:49 AM
Subject: Emergent Church/ For Moriel New Zealand web site please
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?
Why Don’t You Try Telling The Truth?
I do not know who you are, but I have read what you say regarding Chuck Smith Sr. and his statement.
Why don’t you try being honest?
1. Brian Maclaren said & wrote ‘the church should declare a 5 year moratorium on the homosexuality issue and then decide its position’. Maclaren refused to accept the biblical position on unnatural sexuality. How can the church decide on something God has already decided? Is the bible the inspired word of the church or the inspired word of God?
2. Yes, the 7/11 choruses are mantras,
3. Yes, God does forbid the use of icons and graven images in worship.
4. No, the apostles never omitted repentance in their message, but made it the pre-condition (Acts 2:38).
5. Maclaren denies that Christianity is or ever was propositional truth. The New Testament proposes that if the death & resurrection of Jesus are not objective historical facts then Christianity is bogus (1 Cor. 15:3-9).
6. UH emergent church leader Steve Chalk says Hindus & Moslems can be saved without a faith in Christ and be ‘Born Again’ without confessing Jesus.
7. Chalk says that if The Father out our sins on His Son it would be an act of ‘cosmic child abuse’; he boasts he no longer believes in substitutionary atonement.
Andrew, whether you are a biblical ignoramus, a deceiving liar, or both – I do not know. But Emergent Church is simply post modernism masquerading as Christianity. It is not the Gospel of Jesus, but fundamentally constitutes the rejection of it.
I openly challenge you to public debate me in front of a video camera when I am next in New Zealand.
We will post this challenge on our NZ web site.
J. Jacob Prasch
thank you for your invitation to debate in New Zealand.
How can i refuse? Alan Campbell "ran scared" from a debate from you, according to Wikipedia, and I would not want Wikipedia to remember me that way.
Please go ahead and post the challenge. And I will post it on my blog for the record. I look forward to seeing my name on your NZ website. Maybe there are people there who still remember me. It has been 26 years since I left NZ - perhaps I should send you some photos of me as a child to post on the web site so that I might be better recognized?
Technorati Tags: emergent missional, emerging church, jacob prasch, moriel, protestant, reformed